Stumpage Reports



Wednesday, January 28, 2004 :::
 
Yippee! A Non-Snow Day!

Today I ventured into work. Its funny, the governor is all over the television begging people to stay off the roads. Oh, excuse me, state employees are expected to report to work or else make the time up or take vacation time.

One other person showed up, and luckily it was my immediate supervisor, who is also the person I get along with best at work. We had four whole customers so I spent the day photocopying estate records from Mecklenburg county for someone and also some court case from 1797.

We also found time to talk about Reconstruction historiography and Lost Cause apologists. It was probably the most productive day I've had at work in a week.

I was able to get some laundry done yesterday and have spent the rest of the last few days happily curled up on the couch under an afgahn reading Standing Soldiers, Kneeling Slaves: Race, War, and Monument in Nineteenth-Century America by Kirk Savage.

Quotes of the Day: Tough Guys

"If they move, kill 'em."

--- William Holden, in The Wild Bunch, 1969.

"We deal in lead, my friend. "

--- Steve McQueen, in The Magnificent Seven, 1960.

"I've broke my back once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could still beat the hell out of you. "

--- John Wayne, in The Cowboys, 1972.



::: posted by tom at 8:18 AM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger