Stumpage Reports



Wednesday, December 31, 2003 :::
 
Well, Your Friends Come By For You

I had a nice weekend with my friend Ann. She is one of my dearest friends and it always a treat when she comes to visit. She is one of the best cooks in the world, and even though she is on a raw food diet, she'd still cook a nice beef stew for me if I took her to the grocery store. Also, she brings odd things to eat, and I get to sample things I've heard of, but never eaten, this weekend it was a persimmon. And of course, anyone who can appreciate a gift of Webster's Concise Dictionary of American Biography is A-1 in my book.

All of Us, At Times, We Might Work Too Hard

We were slammed at work today. We had been closed for about five days for Christmas, plus I guess everyone gets together with the family at Christmas, hears the family stories and then wants to come in and trace their roots. The people in the search room got hammered and my little world rocked with my boss on vacation and 110 incoming emails. I felt like the little Dutch boy with his finger in the dam, I think I can keep it there until Friday when my boss comes back. People are such idiots, I spent at least an hour today thinking of different ways to say "No we can't answer your question because we don't have that" or "No we can't answer a question like: "Send me everything you have Joe Middleworth from Iredell County, I think he was born after 1730."

Last Watched:

The Night of the Hunter (read the fine Ebert review at the previous link) People can laugh and roll their eyes at Ebert, because of the "thumbs up" thing and the fact he had a popular TV show. But he is one of the most perceptive and accessible writers about film working today, and this review proves it.

This Is Spinal Tap (new DVD w/audio commentary by the band, woo hoo!)

Reading:

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Last Listened To:

Frosty the Snowman, by the Ronettes.



::: posted by tom at 10:25 AM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger