Stumpage Reports



Wednesday, December 10, 2003 :::
 
Funniest name I've ran across at work this week:

Zeno Mozingo

Literary Korner:

After a couple of weeks of reading magazines and Stephen King novellas for the third time, I've finally started a real fiction book. Its Empire Falls by Richard Russo. It won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 2002. Its very good so far and I hope I can stick with it, this guy can write.

For some reason I've been intrigued by this book, and after hearing an interview with the author on the local NPR station, I decided to give it a shot.

Earlier this year I read The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon . Wow, two Pulitzer Prize winners in one year, thats a lot for me.

Quote of the Day:

Had he known how many times he would repeat that phrase ["yes dear"] to this woman, how it would become the mantra of their marriage, he might well have recollected the river's invitation and committed himself to its current then and there and followed the moose downstream, thereby saving himself a great deal of misery and the price of the handgun he would purchase thirty years later for the purpose of ending his life.

--- Richard Russo, Empire Falls, 2001.

::: posted by tom at 4:04 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger