Stumpage Reports



Monday, November 03, 2003 :::
 
Now Here's Some Damn Stumpage Reports....

Finally, the Forestry Foundation papers I worked on for over a year are online. The main page for the Forestry History site is here.

You can see the finding aid, complete with links to the digital images, for the collection I arranged here.

Stumpage Records can be seen here.

If you want to see what the Barbadian laborers in the forest were eating, take a look at this.

They had German P.O.Ws working in the forest too, note the work report for May 8, 1945. There is a penciled notation at the bottom that says "V.E. Day" and the prisoners only had to work half a day.

If you're suffering from insomnia, Timber Inventories will put your ass to sleep.

My favorite photo from the collection is here.

I'm really happy this thing made it online, I put in a lot of work on it. It helped pay the rent my second year in grad school and I got a lot of valuable experience. If you need to know anything about forestry in North Carolina, I'm your man.



::: posted by tom at 9:57 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger