Stumpage Reports



Thursday, October 16, 2003 :::
 
A Whole Lotta Nuthin'

Nothing going on, nothing new, nothing creative. New job is wonderful. I'm the shiny, happy, idealistic, new guy. I'm sure my spirit and soul will soon be shattered by the monolithic, uncaring, ceaseless engine of state bureaucracy.

But for now its great, I'm still at the point where I think all my coworkers are wonderful until proven otherwise. Although I have some suspicions about a few of them.

I've been busy as hell every night this week, but damn it, I can't write about that shit here.

I mentioned this the other day, but it happened again today. I was photocopying old wills for people, and pulled one out from 1764. Its so nice they trust me with a key to the stacks (not everyone has one of those), I get to go pull stuff like this off the shelf, handle it, put it on a photocopier, and go put it back. I'm still new enough where I get a kick out of holding a piece of paper and realizing it was created in North Carolina while King George III ruled North America. And damn, I even get paid to do it.



::: posted by tom at 11:23 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger