Stumpage Reports



Tuesday, October 14, 2003 :::
 
Runaway Slave Ad of the Day:

$25 Reward. Runaway from the subscriber on Tuesday last, the 25th June, my boy RICHMOND, about thirty years of age, well proportioned, weighing about one hundred and seventy pounds and about five feet nine or ten inches high. Said boy is not jet black, but is dark and has more of the mulatto look. He is quick spoken, has a small head, and scars on each side of his neck, caused by the swelling of the glans. He has bad teeth, and one of his eye-teeth is gone.

I will give the above reward to any person who will take up said boy and deliver him to me, or for confining him in any Jail, so that I may get him in possession again.

The subscriber lives in Wake County, ten miles south-east of Raleigh. He may be written to at Raleigh. Edward A. Smith.

--- Raleigh Register, June 29, 1850.


Reading:

The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy. Done. It was wonderful, sorry when I finished.

Gettysbury: Memory, Market and an American Shrine by Jim Weeks. Done. It was interesting, makes me wanna look at historic sites in a new way, even after months of learning about similiar shit in school. Of course it makes me want to go back to Gettysburg, but so does waking up in the morning and breathing.

Rally Cry: the Lost Regiment Vol. 1 by William Forstchen. In progress. My guilty pleasure Civil War soldiers trapped on an alien planet book. Its not great, but pretty good fun, I'll probably read some more of the series.

Current Favorite Bob Dylan Lines:

Well, the deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount
But nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts
And the one-eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."

--- Shelter From the Storm, 1975.




::: posted by tom at 12:07 AM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger