Stumpage Reports



Wednesday, October 15, 2003 :::
 
I Had a Job in the Great North Woods

Today was the first day on the new job and it was great. I'm sure I'll be whining about it in a couple of weeks though.

I actually have my own desk and my own PC, its in a little cage off in a dark corner of the stacks, it does not have a phone which makes me happy. Plus I have my own set of North Carolina Troops 1861 - 1865: A Roster . Next week I can dump the tie, and in a month or so I'll be doing even less public service as they get more people on board. I'm not going to be doing much now so less is even better.

Today, and many days to come, I was a glorified copy clerk. My immediate supervisor gets emails from all over the country with people asking for info. He researches them and tags what needs to be photocopied. I run around and pull the records, copy them, and do some paperwork. Lots of genealogists wanting copies of wills, estate records, marriage bonds, etc. If I'm gonna photocopy shit all day, I'd just as soon have it be marriage bond from 1765.

Its a good boot-camp, training kind of job. I can learn a lot about what kind of records they have and where they are.

Its after 10 PM and this is the first time I've sat down since 8 AM. The Cubs don't seem to be doing too well.



::: posted by tom at 9:54 AM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger