Stumpage Reports



Friday, October 31, 2003 :::
 
Hair Dye Job Goes Awry

I found out Wednesday they wanted people to dress at work for Halloween. I thought, what the hell, I'll get some of that spray-on colored hair dye, get some gel and spike my hair, and wear my Elvis Costello shirt with some ripped jeans and be a second-rate punk rocker. The dye job went fine, then when I went to apply the gel, the dye ran all down my face. All of this at about 6:30 AM. Luckily I had a Revolutionary War shirt and tricorn hat from an event I went to a few years back. I washed my hair, threw those on and went to work, and everyone seems to love it.

The Real Stuff

There was a dignitary in at work today, and they pulled a few of the treasures out for him to look at.

The things they pulled out, which I actually got to see and pick up (they are all in frames or in mylar) were:

John Adams, "Thoughts on Government, 1776.

1715 Revisal of Laws in Force.

Isaac Avery's Message to His Father, 1863.

Letter From George Washington to the Governor and Council, 1790.

I usually don't like linking to stuff on the homepage of where I work, but I think I'll be okay. You can view info on the above documents and thumbnails at the above links. To view the documents page-by-page and zoom in and everything you have to download a viewer.

I had seen these things locked in a cage up in the stacks, and felt happy and excited to be able to take a look at them. John Adams had really good handwriting.


::: posted by tom at 12:59 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger