Stumpage Reports



Friday, October 10, 2003 :::
 
Finally...

I was all excited, my last two days off before a three day stretch at old job and then right into new job. First thing I had scheduled was the cable on Thursday morning. My modem ended up coughing up blood right after he left, then I had to wait until freakin 6:15 on Friday for someone to show up with a new one. That's 6:15 PM, after the laundry, bank, railroad company, haircut place, everywhere I needed to go on my last day off for eight days was closed. Ah well, I'll get that shit done somehow.

The important thing is I'm back online at home after a four month hiatus. So now you'll see well thought out, coherent posts from me. Right. The good news, I am happily surrounded by my book collection, so I can again offer you...

Quote of the Day:

I never used to realize it, I guess. I try and play it along and just not make trouble for people. Probably I never would have had any trouble if I hadn't run into Brett when they shipped me to England. I suppose she only wanted what she couldn't have. The Catholic Church had an awfully good way of handling all that. Good advice, anyway. Not to think about it. Oh, it was swell advice. Try and take it sometime. Try and take it.

--- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises, 1926

Some Websites:

Art or Crap? Take the quiz and see how your bullshit detector is doing.

The Museum of Coathangers Self explanatory.






::: posted by tom at 10:36 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger