Stumpage Reports



Thursday, October 23, 2003 :::
 
Crime Does Too Pay

A friend of mine who collects 1940's and 1950's crime comics loaned me a copy of Crime Comics: Illustrated History and I've been reading it. These comics are wonderful, and I've managed to accumulate a small handful of them, including this one. The comics I'm reading about had great titles like Crimes By Women, Teen-Age Dope Slaves, and Murder Incorporated.

All those cover images are in the gallery section of the Crime Boss web site, have fun with them.

My favorite titles of some of the stories in these comics are:

Jean Torson - Satan's Daughter

I Broke Out of Oklahoma and Kansas State Pens, Whats Different About This Dump?

Murder, Morphine, and Me

I Was an Unwitting Accomplice to a Numbers Racket Combine (thats my favorite!)

Kill Some Time Here:

Dog Nose Heaven, the name says it all.

Stupid Questions Answered, I'm not too impressed with this site, but it has possibilities. An alternate title could be "Ten Minutes in Telephone Reference."

The Complete Acme Catalog, ever wonder where Wiley Coyote and Marvin Martian got all that shit? I like the Acme Ultimatum Dispatcher.










::: posted by tom at 2:18 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger