Stumpage Reports



Saturday, August 16, 2003 :::
 
Too Hideous For Publication

Due to a huge public outcry (1 email), I've decided to post "Closed by the Health Department." What the hell, no one reads this thing on a weekend.

If you have a weak stomach, read no further.

The restuarant I worked at was closed by the health department because there were mouse droppings up on the ceiling tiles. I got the job of taking down the ceiling tiles and brushing them off with a little wisk broom. I got to wear a mask.

I took one ceiling tile down, and a cloud of insulation tumbled down in my face, temporarily blinding me.

One of the H. Salt Fish and Chips girls started screaming which really freaked me out because I couldn't see yet.

Once I got my eyes cleared, I saw there was a mouse nest in the insulation, and the little pink baby mice had fallen onto the floor. (This is the nasty part) and several of them had busted open because of the fall.

I ended up going into the back parking lot and puking. That must have looked great. There was a sign on the front door that said "Closed Due To Equipment Malfunction." All the furniture from the kitchen was pulled out into the back parking lot and was being frantically scrubbed by everyone, and as a bonus, a chicken cook puking in the parking lot.

Posting about these old jobs has churned up a bunch of memories. Coming next week, the Crazy Cyclops Chicken Cook and Love and Romance at KFC.

Last Listened To:

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars Live, David Bowie.

Reading:

The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions, by Mark Lewisohn.



::: posted by tom at 11:21 AM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger