Stumpage Reports



Wednesday, August 27, 2003 :::
 
Tell Them Today

I had to be at work at 10 AM today and was running late about 20 minutes before the hour when my phone rang. I answered and it was a guy from work, the first thing out of my mouth was, "How did you know I'm gonna be late?" He then informed me our boss and the head of the department had died at his desk late yesterday afternoon of an apparent heart attack. Some staff members found him lying on the floor and tried CPR, etc. The paramedics said nothing would have done any good.

He was a good, easygoing boss, and he stuck up for us. He was funnier than hell and very quick-witted. One of my first days at work someone was showing me the phones and he walked by and said "And if you answer it correctly it will discharge a large food pellet." That cracked me up then and it still cracks me up.

I'm really grateful I was up to date with him and there was nothing I'd been meaning to tell him or anything.

This is just another example of how you never know when it might be the last time you see someone. I'm not going to get maudlin or moralistic, but if there's something you need to tell someone, tell them today.




::: posted by tom at 12:42 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger