Stumpage Reports



Thursday, August 14, 2003 :::
 
Student Loan Boondoggle, Part 1 of Probably Many

I'm going to have to start paying off my student loans in a couple of months, so I started yesterday to make some phone calls to see what I need to do. When I looked at the paperwork, I realized at least one of the loans had been sold by the original lender to some other company.

I called that other company and they said they had only one of my two loans. They said to call the Department of Education to find out who had the other one. I called them and they said both the loans were with the original bank. I called the original bank and they said they were both with the other company they had sold them to. We got in a conference call, and this time when we talked to the other company they said they had both the loans. Ten minutes before they had only one.

I can tell this is going to be a blast. You'll be able to tell when I start paying them off because I'll probably put a Paypal button on this blog somewhere.

Reading:

Shout: the Beatles in Their Generation, by Philip Norman.



::: posted by tom at 2:31 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger