Stumpage Reports



Tuesday, August 05, 2003 :::
 
Inspector Baboon of the Yard

You can find sound files of Baboon wahooing here. I heard a show about this on WUNC last night and for some reason I was fascinated by it. If you listen, it really sounds like the baboons are saying "wahoo." Like most stuff wild animals do, this concerns either eating or reproduction, in this case reproduction. The more emphasis the male baboon puts on "-hoo" syllable in "wahoo" indicates their prowess as a mate, food gatherer, and whatever else is important to girl baboons. You can check out the difference between the Scott Baio baboons and the Don Knotts baboons at the link titled: "Baboons, high and low rating."

Maybe I have a stray homosexual baboon gene lurking deep in my DNA somewhere and thats why I responded to these noises. I'm sure its deep, very deep, only half a gene at most. I can't believe I just wrote the words "Maybe I have a stray homosexual baboon gene."

Last Listened To:

Discipline, by King Crimson

Reading:

N.C. Wyeth: A Biography, by David Michaelis.



::: posted by tom at 12:13 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger