Stumpage Reports



Saturday, July 12, 2003 :::
 
Woo Hoo, I'm a Rare Books Guy

Today I actually started doing some Assistant to the Rare Books Curator stuff rather than scanning forestry papers like I've been doing for the last eight months.

I'm checking in a cart of books we got back from the preservation department and then I have to shelve them. The first couple shelves were mainly literary works from the 19th and 18th centuries, cool but nothing to get really excited about.

Then I got to the bottom shelf and found a copy of Canadensivm plantarvm : aliarumque nondum editarum historia. I have no idea what that is, but it was published in 1635 and is bound in some kind of animal skin. I was impressed enough to pull it out of its clamshell box and leaf through it.

I'm sure the thrill will leave eventually, but for now its better than handling John Grisham books by the gross, as I used to do.



::: posted by tom at 1:18 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger