Stumpage Reports



Monday, July 14, 2003 :::
 
Moving Tips: or, Common Sense I Seem to Lack

I moved my alarm clock to a different outlet in my new place. Alas, I didn't think that it was an outlet that was turned on and off with the light switch. This equaled me being 20 minutes late my second week of work, which equaled my boss laughing and saying "Unless you're on the desk, as long as you get here by 9 or so thats fine."

I wish he hadn't told me that, but I'm still acting like I have to be here at 8 AM on the days I said I would be.

Unpacking Update, Part 402

Unpacking all my books has been a real revelation since a lot of them have been in storage for two years, and I was getting a whole bunch of new stuff just before I moved away from Charlotte. This equals finding a bunch of books I forgot / never knew I had.

Slave Patrols: Law and Violence in Virginia and the Carolinas. I've been reading good reviews of this thing in different journals for the past year, and have been thinking about buying a copy. Last week I found out I already had it.

Swamp Thing: the Curse. This was a pleasant surprise, I read the whole thing yesterday. I used to have the comics, and have absolutely no recollection of buying this book.

Another good one I knew I owned but had forgotten about, is The Upturned Stone by Scott Hampton. I've read it before, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it some night this week.





::: posted by tom at 10:32 AM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger