Stumpage Reports



Thursday, July 10, 2003 :::
 
I'm a Materialistic Bastard Part 33: or, Antique Finds in the Adirondacks Part 2

I swear this won't be as long as yesterday's post.

The other find I made on my trip I'm really happy about were two bound volumes of the periodical Harper's Young People. Each volume is very ornately bound, includes a complete year of the magazine, and are about 4 inches thick. One volume is for the year 1884 and the other is 1886.

The main reason I bought them is they are both packed full of illustrations by one of my favorite artists, Howard Pyle. Just taking a quick glance through them last night, I was some pictures by another favorite of mine, Franklin Booth.

I don't know how much these go for, but I got them for $22.50 each and I'll definitely get my money's worth. It'll take hours to leaf through and enjoy all the illustrations in these things. I'm amazed some philistine has not already razored out all the cool pictures and sold them seperately.

Job Stuff

I got a good lead on a contract job doing some archival research for a local railroad company. I talked to the lady yesterday and it went real well, I'm emailing her my resume and should hear back next week. This will be a nice supplement to my current part-time job and help pay that credit card bill I ran up on the trip.

Quote of the Day:

Do you know an American magazine called Harper's Monthly? There are things in it which strike me dumb with admiration, including sketches of a Quaker town in the olden days by Howard Pyle.

--- Vincent van Gogh, in a letter to his brother, Theo.




::: posted by tom at 2:29 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger