Stumpage Reports



Sunday, January 12, 2003 :::
 
What Are You Looking For?

Here is a list of terms people have typed into seach engines that got them to this site:

red mean run son

werewolf t.v. show one eyed hunter

thomas connelly kings mountain

stumpage nc

fridays the clash

michigan stumpage

fernwood tonight

in a burned out basement

chavez and opec nothing but a band of thieves (my personal favorite)

motor city roller rink

bozos on the bus

gluteal crack

charles pinckney nickname

Listening:

I've had this album for about a year, but have really been enjoying it the last couple months. The band is called The Shiners and you can look at their website here. I can best decribe them as a old-time country band with a punk attitude and some electric guitars. Their songs cover sujbects such as: cowboys, rodeo clowns, rodeo whores, moonshiners, roadhouses, and hoodoo men from the holler. The Pennsylvania Jew and Bookpimp have been exposed to them and I encourage the rest of you to check them out. Their lyrics have provided many of the seeming nonsensical descriptive blurbs in the upper left corner of my blog. The album I have, which I can heartily recommend, is Bonnie Blue. They've since released a second, See Rock City, which I haven't heard. If for nothing else, they deserve mention because the played a festival called "Possumpalooza."

Reading:

The Blessings of Liberty: A Concise History of the Constitution of the United States by Michael Benedict.

"The Progress of Constitutional Theory Between the Declaration of Independence and the Meeting of the Philadelphia Convention" by Edward S. Corwin, in The American Historical Review. Vol. 30, No. 3, April 1925.

If the above gets boring, I always have this to fall back on:

Preservation of Inkjet Hardcopies by Martin Jurgens.

Quote of the Day:

"Draw up your chair up close to the edge of the precipice and I'll tell you a story."
--- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Notebooks.







::: posted by tom at 9:51 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger