Stumpage Reports



Friday, January 17, 2003 :::
 
Shameless Self-Promotion Blog #2: or, What I Did On Vacation Last Summer

Last summer to fulfill the internship requirements for my degree, I did photo research for an upcoming book: History For All the People: 100 Years of Public History in North Carolina. Well, some of that work can now be seen on the internet here. If you click on the Introduction and then click on Project Credits I am listed last, at the very bottom of the page.

To check out my work, and see some cool old pictures, take a look at the images and click through the decades along the left side of the page. I dug up a lot of those photos from the musty corners of the state archives and other state agencies and drafted the captions you see underneath the images.

Quote of the Day:

"The Historical Marker Bill went through the legislature as easily as the Thirtieth Division went through the Hindenburg Line, and with fewer casualties."

--- R. D. W. Connor to J. R. McCrary of Lexington, N.C., March 14, 1919






::: posted by tom at 3:24 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger