Stumpage Reports



Friday, January 10, 2003 :::
 
Must Not Have Been A Very Good Movie

Today I was digging through a drawer looking for candidates for the photo contest and I ran across one of those christmas cookie gift tins into which I've been throwing ticket stubs for the last ten years. I had not looked in there for awhile and spent some time pawing through it and enjoyed remembering who I went to the movie, opera, play, or author reading with and what was going on around then.

I have a pretty good memory for that kind of stuff. But here is a list of three movies I have absolutely no memory of. I could not tell you one thing about them. I know I could easily look them up on The Internet Movie Database but right now it's kind of fun to keep it a mystery. Maybe one of you could refresh my memory. If they are something really embarassing, I used to go to movies with a group of 4 or 5 people and we took turns picking the movie and I'm sure it was one of those.

Three Movies I've Seen That I Can't Remember a Single Thing About:

Eraser

The Devil's Own

Up Close and Personal

Three Movies I've Seen That Unfortunately I Do Remember:

Snake Eyes

Phenomenon (I had to have gone with a girl)

Vertical Limit

Three Movies I Saw at the Theatre That Were Really Good That I Haven't Thought About For A Long Time and Would Love to See Again:

Heavenly Creatures

The Straight Story

Gods and Monsters

Quotes of the Day: I've saddled my five readers with some pretty long sentences in the last couple quotes. Here are two of my favorite opening lines for short stories, both models of brevity, and neither one is "Call me Ishmael."

"None of them knew the color of the sky."

--- Stephen Crane, The Open Boat

"This is what happened."

--- Stephen King, The Mist







::: posted by tom at 9:08 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger