Stumpage Reports



Tuesday, January 28, 2003 :::
 
Eat My Dust West Virginia Timber Market Report!

If you type the term "stumpage reports" into Google this little blog is now number 1 on the list, beating out the above-mentioned West Virginia Timber Market Report.

I'm not sure how Google rates their search results, I think some of it is based on number of pages that link to that page and maybe the number of hits. It's a nice coincidence that "Stumpage Reports" moved to number 1 on the hit list on the same day I got my 1000th hit. The best I can tell, the Tega Cay Viking Hordes rolled in with hit #999 at 9:23 this morning, shortly followed by #1000 at 9:37 which appeared to be some slob at Plick Mick who sits on their butt all day and surfs the internet. I would have offered a cash prize, but all my spare change goes here.

This was all done with a combination of elan, boredom, self-centeredness, joy de vivre and All-American Pluck. Just when I was thinking of changing the title of this blog to Hookworm Statistics .

Quote of the Day:

The dominant spirit, however, that haunts this enchanted region, and seems to be commander-in-chief of all the powers of the air, is the apparition of a figure on horseback without a head.

--- Washington Irving, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, (1820)


::: posted by tom at 9:59 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger