Stumpage Reports



Friday, December 13, 2002 :::
 
You know you're really a reader when...

This morning after I took an exam, I schlepped across the courtyard at school in the cold rain to get a biscuit at the snack bar before I caught the bus for home. I had nothing to read with me, and nothing was available in the snack bar. So I walked an extra half a block and back in the rain to grab a copy of the local weekly alternative rag to read while I enjoyed a late breakfast. They were all out of that newspaper, so I grabbed a copy of The Nubian Message. Only a truly dedicated reader would walk in the rain rather than eat without something to read, and then me, whitest of the white boys, grab a black folk's newspaper to read. When I'm stuck waiting in a car I'll read the owner's manual in the glove compartment.

I'm getting too old for this...

Like I mentioned above, I took a final exam today. I showed up at class at about 7:50 AM and spent the next hour and 45 minutes filling up one blue book with my answers. By the time I was done, my back hurt, my neck hurt, my hand hurt, and I just wanted to go home and crawl back in bed. When I was an undergrad, I would fill up 10 - 12 full size pages with writing, walk out of there feeling on top of the world, and then go drink my face off for five hours. No more.







::: posted by tom at 2:37 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger