Stumpage Reports



Monday, December 02, 2002 :::
 
We Don't Need No Steenkin' Power Point


I gave my presentation in my Civil War class today. It was on a battle. I roughed out an outline last night, walked up to the front of the class, sketched a quick map on the chalkboard, gave my spiel, answered a few questions and sat down. Fine. No problem, I don't mind speaking in front of crowds. One of the few things I'm not scared of.


The lady after me did her presentation on "Women on the Home Front in the South." Once at the front of the class, she announced, "I'm going to let someone else talk during my presentation." She then ducked down behind the lectern and came up with an old-timey dress on and said something like, "Hi, I'm Susan and live in Virginia and my husband joined the army in 1861, blah..blah..." It was pretty gay, but she is a girl. She's one of those education majors, she probably learned that in class. Damn education majors upstaging us over-the-hill Public History students.


Funny thing is, most days I show up to this 8 AM class looking like a Confederate soldier on his last leg. But since I was gonna be in front of the class I made a special effort to shave and wear some clothes with no holes or major stains. I like school.


Quote of the Day:

If men were not afraid to die it would simplify matters very much. They are afraid & fear makes them run. ---

Oliver O. Howard, union general.






::: posted by tom at 10:51 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger