Stumpage Reports



Monday, December 09, 2002 :::
 
I haven't posted for a few days and there are a few things running around in my brain that might be worth discussing here: the advantages of public transportation and finding web log material thereon with the related subject of diversity adding richness to our society. Or some random thoughts on the ice storm of '02, but instead, I bring you...

Hey, Your Ass Crack is Showing!, or Graduate School: Guts, Glory, and Gangrene

I was down on campus today, looking a few things up at the library and meeting with a professor. I was eating my lunch and noticed a young lady with very low-riding pants that very obviously exposed her ass crack when she sat down. Since I was eating, I didn't really feel like looking at anybody's ass crack, and don't know if I really would've eyed hers in any case. The fun part was watching her frantic attempts to cover up. She repeatedly tried to hike her pants up, but no go. She had on some kind of spaghetti strap top on underneath a sleeveless tank top kinda thing. She then tried to pull tank top down over the offending chasm but the shirt simply popped back up. My eyes wandered to an overhead television showing a rap video and didn't get much of a different view there. I returned to wardrobe-struggling-girl and saw she had pulled down the back of her underneath spaghetti-strap top thing in a final lame attempt. It did not work, and the fact that it was red and sticking out from under her top only added to the obviousness of her gluteal distress. I sighed, wished for the presence of an obnoxious, male, friend, to share this with, and hoped I could do this little scene justice on my web log.


Reading:

I have been trying to track down one final annotation for this big editing project I'm doing for one class. It had to do with identifying a specific disease this guy had, and I could find no authoritative reference to it. I finally struck gold in Gangrene and Glory: Medical Care During the American Civil War by Frank R. Freemon. There is a chapter in the book called "Maggots and Minie Balls."









::: posted by tom at 4:13 PM









I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through...

_______________
_______________
_______________



Powered by Blogger